Humane Society of the Ohio Valley – A.D.A Position Description
Position Title: Kennel Technician
Reports To: Shelter Manager
Pay Rate: Federal Minimum Wage with increments at the discretion of the HSOV
Responsible for performing routine animal care and related duties at the Humane Society of the Ohio Valley Animal Shelter including: cleaning and maintaining kennel areas, socializing with adoptable animals and assisting citizens interested in adoption. Also responsible for leading volunteers with duties and responsibilities.
1. Perform duties including handling and receiving animals brought to the Shelter by Humane Officer, Dog Warden or by owner surrender
2. Perform kennel cleaning and other related housekeeping duties
3. Maintain proper inventory level of food, cleaning and other supplies and notify Shelter Manager when restocking of items is needed.
4. Accurately document medical findings, vaccinations and treatments in medical records
5. Medicate animals orally and/or topically
6. Assist Adoption Clerk and Shelter guests with adoption process.
7. Transfer animals as needed to veterinarian appointments
8. Work cooperatively with Shelter volunteers and partners
9. Assist with other Shelter duties as needed
Knowledge,Skill and Abilities:
1. Must be 18 years of age or older
2. Minimum 6 months previous experience working with animals preferably in a veterinary or shelter setting
3. High School diploma or GED
4. Good written and oral communication
5. Dependable, reliable and efficient
6. Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and stand for prolonged periods of time
7. Ability to assist guests with adoption process
8. Ability to thoroughly clean
Interested candidates may submit their resume to the Humane Society of the Ohio Valley, 90 Mt Tom Rd, Marietta Ohio 45750 Attn: Executive Director. Electronic submissions and questions regarding the position may be directed to Kelly Goedel, Executive Director via email at email@example.com